3/23/2009

Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix

FOUND by Margaret Peterson Haddix is going to be one of this year's favorites. Adolescents (and adults) will really like the plot to this story. It's intriguing and mysterious. Like Haddix's Shadow Children series, this new series of books, The Missing, is going to be very popular among readers. FOUND is the first book in the series with the next book, Sent, coming out in August. The story begins with a plane that appears literally out of thin air, though this isn't the only mystery...the plane has 36 passengers - all toddlers. There was no pilot and no crew. Interested? I thought so. Once you start, you will not put the book down. It's just that good.

2 comments:

  1. Second. Very interesting take on the whole children disappear and reappear scenario. Haddix is a great "what if?" author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I third the nomination. I was logging on to add this book to the blog and was happy to see someone else had beat me to it. This is a great new series for all the students who loved her Shadow children series. I found myself wishing that I had the next book ready to start when I finished reading it.

    ReplyDelete